Stay tuned for my tzatziki recipe!
Makes about 8-10 falafel patties
3 cups garbanzo beans
1 small onion, finely chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Greek oregano
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Leave a lightly greased baking pan in the oven to preheat as well.
2. Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans. Put in a food processor and pulse until slightly chunky.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well with a fork.
4. Form into small balls, about 1 1/2″ in diameter and slightly flatten.
5. Place onto an preheated baking pan.
6. Bake for 15 minutes on each side, until nicely browned (since it’s baked, only the part actually touching the pan will be browned and crispy). Enjoy!
Serve hot with your choice of fresh bread, a çoban salat (tomatoes and cucumbers), or homemade tzatziki.
Adapted from Chow Vegan.