1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips
1/3 cup quality cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
1 tbsp water
2/3 cup butter
1. Heat oven to 375° F. Grease your chosen brownie pan.
2. Beat butter, brown sugar, water and vanilla in large bowl on medium speed of mixer until well blended.
3. Add eggs; beat well.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating on low speed just until blended.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Pour batter into your chosen pan.
7. Bake 25-35 minutes or until brownies are set and a knife stuck into the center comes out clean.
8. Cool completely. Or don't. Enjoy your decadent brownies.
Adapted from Hershey's.