3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp butter, melted
8 ounces cream cheese, softened (do not use fat free)
3/4 cup Greek yogurt***
2 egg whites
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Make the crust first. With a food processor, pulverize crackers into a fine crumb. Pour crumbs into a medium bowl and mix with melted butter. Press into your selected pie pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Allow to cool completely as you prepare the filling.
4. For the cheesecake filling: Beat the softened cream cheese for 1 minute using a hand or stand mixer.
5. Beat in the yogurt, egg whites, sugar, and flour until mixture is smooth and creamy, about 3 full minutes.
6. Add the lemon juice and vanilla, beat for 1 additional minute until combined.
- At this point, you can make variations of this recipe. You prefer something chocolatey? Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Caramel? Fold in 1/4 cup melted caramel, or, even easier, 10 fold in chopped caramel candies. Something fruity? Swirl in 1/4-1/2 cup of your favorite jam. This recipe is very adaptable!
8. Allow to cool for 20 minutes at room temperature, then chill completely in the refrigerator for at least three hours, if not overnight.
- Store bars in a covered container for up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
***For the yogurt: Here in Turkey, I used 'kaymaksiz' plain yogurt from SEK. You may use low fat or regular Greek yogurt instead, plain or flavored.
Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction.