Make sure to complete your Mexican meal with homemade beans and rice too. Perfection.
2 cups of cooked chicken
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped and seeded
3 green onions, chopped
Handful of cilantro, chopped
1 cup of Fire Roasted Salsa
1 cup plain yogurt
2 packets of lavash (or corn tortillas, if available)
1. Sauté onions and garlic until translucent in a medium-sized saucepan. Add peppers and green onions until fragrant, 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Add chicken to saucepan and mix with other ingredients.
3. Combine salsa and yogurt in a medium bowl. Pour 1/4 of salsa-yogurt mixture into the bottom of your enchilada baking dish.
4. If using lavash, cut into long 4-5inch wide strips. If using corn tortillas, heat in microwave for 20 seconds (to make them more flexible). Add 2-3 tbsp of chicken mixture to a strip/tortilla and roll up. Place in baking dish.
5. Pour remaining salsa-yogurt mixture over enchiladas. Refrigerate a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
6. Bake enchiladas at 350F for 45-50 minutes. As the 40-minute mark, sprinkle your favorite cheese over enchiladas. I recommend cojita, pepper jack, or jack-cheddar cheese combo.
**Feel free to replace yogurt with low-fat or regular sour cream where available.