3 green peppers (chosen according to desired heat)
3 cloves of roasted garlic
1/2 medium onion, roughly chopped
12 tomatoes (I used golf-ball sized plum tomatoes)
1 tbsp olive oil
8-12 stems of cilantro
Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Skewer peppers with a fireproof utensil; roast over open flame until blackened on all sides. Set aside.
3. Place tomatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Cut the head off your garlic, drizzle with olive oil, replace head and wrap in foil. Place next to tomatoes and roast together for 20-25 minutes.5. Cut off pepper stems and place peppers in a blender (or food processor).
6. Remove tomatoes and garlic from oven and pour all of your roasted tomatoes (along with the juices and olive oil in pan) into the blender. Also, add three of the roasted garlic cloves to the blender.
8. Chill your salsa in the refrigerator for flavors to fully meld together, 2 hours to overnight. Enjoy!
This salsa will keep in the fridge up to 7 days.