Based on the research I've conducted, this squash has a similar flavor and consistency to zucchini and is surprisingly called 'summer squash' back in the States. It can become rather watery once shredded, more so than regular dark-skinned zucchini, so it is very important that you do not ignore step 4!
Makes 1 loaf.
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened or homemade applesauce
1/3 cup canola oil
3 tsp vanilla extract or bean paste
3 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups zucchini, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, applesauce, eggs, oil and vanilla until well blended.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended.
4. Stir in zucchini once it is shredded and wrung of its excess water.
5. Transfer to a greased loaf pan coated. B
6. Bake at 350°F for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Rotating 180 degrees at the 20-25minute mark.
7. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Adapted from Taste of Home.