2 cups cooked lentils
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 large eggs
1 cup breadcrumbs, panko or homemade
½ cup Greek (or Turkish) yogurt
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons tomato paste
handful of cherry tomatoes
freshly ground pepper
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Arrange cherry tomatoes in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and place in oven. Keeping a close eye on them, cook for about 5 minutes until they’ve burst and melted, but not burned or dried out. Keep oven heated for the lentil 'meatballs'.
2. Drizzle a pan with olive oil, place over medium high heat and add onion. Sauté for about a minute until translucent. Add the garlic and dried herbs and a pinch of salt and pepper, sautéing for about another minute or two until soft and fragrant. Turn off heat and set aside to cool.
4. Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add yogurt and mix with beaten eggs until combined. Add lentils and mix together until smooth. Add onion/garlic/herb mixture from the frying pan, parmesan and panko breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper.
6. Roll lentil mixture into small balls and place on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 8-10 minutes. Turn balls, and bake for another 5 minutes, until slightly browned.
7. Serve over wilted or sautéed green. Grate parmesan cheese over top for final touch. Enjoy!
Adapted from goop.