There is an abundance of peppers in Turkey - spicy peppers, dolma peppers, and these flavorful but not spicy green peppers that resemble an Anaheim pepper. These faux chile rellenos are delicious, a perfect main dish to go with your beans and rice.
16 green Anaheim peppers, seeds removed
4 tablespoons oil (2 tablespoons to brush on peppers and 2 to saute)
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup crumbled feta cheese (or beyaz peynir)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, mix two cheeses together.
3. Char the peppers over a a stove burner for 5-10 minutes each, rotating pepper to ensure it is charred evenly on all sides.
4. Remove pepper from burner and allow to cool enough to handle.
5. Stuff each pepper with about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture.
6. Place on oven-safe platter to heat through until cheese is melted, approximately 15 minutes.
7. Transfer to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.