1/4 fine bread crumbs
1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
1/4 onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 lbs lean ground beef or ground turkey
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 whole-wheat burger buns
4 small leaves romaine lettuce, hard ribs removed
1. Mix first 9 ingredients together well.
2. Divide the beef into 2 equal sized rounds. Make 2 equal sized patties out of each round so you have 4 patties total.
3. Season the burgers on both sides with salt and pepper.
4. Spray a nonstick grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat, or prepare the grill. Grill the patties until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
5. To serve, place a burger on the bottom half of each bun, top with about 2 tablespoons of tzatziki, and a lettuce leaf. Top with the other half of the bun and serve. I enjoy mine with avocado too!
Adapted from Food Network's Ellie Krieger.